- Yellowtail damselfish
- Demoiselle à queue jaune;Chaffet queue jaune
- Jaqueta rabo amarillo;Jaqueta colirrubia
- The tropical Atlantic
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species is generally found among algae or invertebrates (sponges, rods, corals...)
- The species can be found between 3 and 15 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- The species is territorial
- Species generally living in a group
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 20 cm
- The animal is a grazer of algae.
- The animal can show variable colouring
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!