- Blue chromis
- Blauer Chromis
- Blauwe rifbaars;Blauwe monniksvis
- Castagnole bleue
- Jaqueta azul
- The tropical Atlantic
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 3 and 60 Meters.
- Very common species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally living in a group
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 15 cm
- The animal feeds on plankton or small organisms.
- Diet : Zooplankton
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!