- Devil ray
- Diable de mer
- Manta mobula
- Diavolo di mare
- The tropical Atlantic
- The temperate Atlantic
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally found in the open sea.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 1 and 30 Meters.
- Rare species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 350 cm
- The animal feeds on plankton or small organisms.
- Diet : - Fishes
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- - Chemistry/pharmacy
- The species is classified asEndangered
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!