Scorpion fishes and others
- China rockfish
- Sébaste à bande jaune
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally motionless in its environment
- The species is found in a sheltered zone
- The species can be found between 3 and 128 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- The species is territorial
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 45 cm
- Maximum age known : 79 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : - Mollusks - Echinoderms
Relationship with humans
- The spines of the animal can be dangerous
- The species is in great demand and highly appreciated
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing