Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed in seagrass among algae or phanerogams.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 0 and 46 Meters.
- Very common species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 61 cm
- Maximum age known : 18 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : - Sea worms - Sea stars - Mollusks - Fishes
- The animal can show variable colouring
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :