- Longfin batfish
- Langvin vleermuisvis
- Platax a longues nageoires
- Pez Murciélago de Cara Redondeada
- Pesce pipistrello pinna lunga
- The tropical Pacific
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 3 and 30 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally living in a group
- The animal shows curiosity towards the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 70 cm
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Algae - Zooplankton -
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!