- Yellow-brown wrasse
- Girelle-paon jaune
- The tropical Pacific
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 1 and 30 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally living in a group
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 30 cm
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : - Mollusks - Sea worms - Echinoderms
- The animal is a protogynous transsexual
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :