Scorpion fishes and others
- Variegated lizardfish
- Poisson-lézard bigarré
- Lagarto escamoso
- The tropical Pacific
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally motionless in its environment
- The species is generally found on or close to the seafloor.
- The species can be found between 3 and 120 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally living in a couple
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 40 cm
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Fishes
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!