- Brown-banded pipefish
- Syngnathe à bandes marron
- The tropical Pacific
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species is generally found on or close to the seafloor.
- The species can be found between 0 and 30 Meters.
- Rare species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally living in a couple
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 10 cm
- The animal feeds on plankton or small organisms.
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest