- Brown-marbled grouper
- Mérou marron
- The tropical Pacific
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 1 and 60 Meters.
- Rare species.
General behaviour of the species
- The species is territorial
- The species is migrating
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 120 cm
- Maximum age known : 40 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter high in the food chain.
- Diet : Fishes - -
- The animal is a protogynous transsexual
Relationship with humans
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!