- Thumbprint emperor
- Capitaine saint-pierre
- Emperador San Padro
- The tropical Pacific
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 1 and 20 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally living in a group
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 50 cm
- Maximum age known : 15 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Sea worms - - Mollusks - Fishes - Echinoderms
- The animal is a protogynous transsexual
Relationship with humans
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!