- White-tailed damselfish
- Demoiselle à trois bandes noires
- Damisela de tres bandas
- Damigella codabianca
- The tropical Pacific
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species is found in a sheltered zone
- The species can be found between 0 and 20 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- The species is territorial
- Species generally living in a group
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 10 cm
- Maximum age known : 6 year(s)
- The animal feeds mainly on small invertebrates that it gleans on the seafloor.
- Diet : Algae - Zooplankton -
- The animal is a protogynous transsexual
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!