Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 1 and 35 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally living in a couple
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 40 cm
- The animal is a grazer of algae.
- Diet : Algae
- The animal can show variable colouring
Relationship with humans
- The spines of the animal can be dangerous
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing