Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed in seagrass among algae or phanerogams.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 1 and 75 Meters.
- Rare species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 50 cm
- Maximum age known : 10 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter high in the food chain.
- Diet : Sea urchins - Crabs - Mollusks
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
- -Sport or local fishing