- Blackspot snapper
- Ehrenberg - Schnapper
- Vivaneau encrier
- Pargo de Ehrenberg
- Lutiano di Ehrenberg
- The tropical Pacific
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 0 and 30 Meters.
- Very common species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally living in a group
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 35 cm
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Fishes -
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!