- Freckled hawkfish
- Forsters Büschelbarsch
- Poisson-faucon à tête ponctuée
- Pez halcón de Forster
- Pesce falco di Forster
- The tropical Pacific
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally motionless in its environment
- The species is generally found on or close to the seafloor.
- The species can be found between 1 and 40 Meters.
- Very common species.
General behaviour of the species
- The species is territorial
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 22 cm
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Fishes -
- The animal can show variable colouring
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!