- Marbled spinefoot
- Poisson-lapin à vente strié
- Pez conejo jaspeado
- Pesce coniglio
- The tropical Pacific
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed in a sandy/silty area.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 1 and 30 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- Lives in large groups
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 30 cm
- The animal is a grazer of algae.
Relationship with humans
- The spines of the animal can be dangerous
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!