- Network pipefish
- Syngnathe à réseaux
- Pesce ago fantasma reticolato
- The tropical Pacific
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 2 and 30 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally living in a couple
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 14 cm
- The animal feeds on plankton or small organisms.
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- Used in the clothing, footwear or crafts industries for the manufacture of articles (jewellery, etc.)
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!