Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 1 and 50 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal shows curiosity towards the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 65 cm
- Maximum age known : 29 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : - Mollusks
- The animal can show variable colouring
- The animal is a protogynous transsexual
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing