Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 1 and 90 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- The species is territorial
- Species generally solitary
- The animal shows curiosity towards the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 120 cm
- Maximum age known : 16 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter high in the food chain.
- Diet : Fishes - Crabs
- The animal is a protogynous transsexual
Relationship with humans
- The species is in great demand and highly appreciated
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
- The species is classified asEndangered