Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed in a sandy/silty area.
- The species is generally motionless in its environment
- The species is generally found on or close to the seafloor.
- The species can be found between 0 and 75 Meters.
- Very common species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 18 cm
- Maximum age known : 4 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- The animal can show variable colouring
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest