- Peacock blenny
- Blennie paon
- Bavosa pavone
- The temperate Atlantic
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally motionless in its environment
- The species is found in a sheltered zone
- The species can be found between 0 and 10 Meters.
- Rare species.
General behaviour of the species
- The species is territorial
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 13 cm
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!