- Spiny dogfish
- Aiguillat commun
- The tropical Atlantic
- The temperate Atlantic
- The tropical Pacific
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed in a sandy/silty area.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species is generally found on or close to the seafloor.
- The species can be found between 10 and 950 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- The species is migrating
- Species generally living in a group
- The animal is aggressive and may attack
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 160 cm
- Maximum age known : 75 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter high in the food chain.
- Diet : Fishes - -
Relationship with humans
- The spines of the animal can be very dangerous
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- Used in the clothing, footwear or crafts industries for the manufacture of articles (jewellery, etc.)
- The species is classified asVulnerable
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!