- Striped red mullet
- Gestreifte Meerbarbe
- Koning van de poon
- Rouget de roche
- Salmonete de roca
- Triglia di scoglio
- The temperate Atlantic
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed in a sandy/silty area.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species is generally found on or close to the seafloor.
- The species can be found between 3 and 500 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally living in a group
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 40 cm
- Maximum age known : 11 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Shrimps - Sea worms - Mollusks
Relationship with humans
- The species is in great demand and highly appreciated
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!