Scorpion fishes and others
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed in a sandy/silty area.
- The species is generally motionless in its environment
- The species is generally found on or close to the seafloor.
- The species can be found between 20 and 1000 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 45 cm
- Maximum age known : 43 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : - Fishes -
- The animal can show variable colouring
Relationship with humans
- The spines of the animal can be dangerous
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food