- Mediterranean horse mackerel
- Chinchard à queue jaune
- Jurel mediterráneo
- Sugarello maggiore
- The temperate Atlantic
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally found in the open sea.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 5 and 500 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Lives in large groups
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 60 cm
- The animal is a hunter high in the food chain.
- Diet : Fishes - Mollusks
Relationship with humans
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!