- Peacock wrasse
- Crénilabre paon
- Tordo pavone
- The temperate Atlantic
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 0 and 50 Meters.
- Very common species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 40 cm
- Maximum age known : 15 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Echinoderms - Bivalve mollusks - Shrimps
- The animal can show variable colouring
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!