- Five-spotted wrasse
- Fünfleckiger Lippfisch
- Crénilabre à 5 taches
- Tordo vertde
- Tordo maculato
- The temperate Atlantic
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 0 and 30 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 17 cm
- Maximum age known : 8 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Mollusks - Shrimps - Sea urchins
- The animal is a protogynous transsexual
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!