- Ocellated wrasse
- Crénilabre ocellé
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 1 and 30 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
- Endemic species.
General behaviour of the species
- The species is territorial
- Species generally living in a group
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 12 cm
- Maximum age known : 5 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Mollusks - Sea worms - Shrimps
- The animal can show variable colouring
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!