- Axillary wrasse
- Crénilabre méditerranéen
- Tordo de roca
- Tordo rosso
- The temperate Atlantic
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 1 and 50 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally living in a couple
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 15 cm
- Maximum age known : 8 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Mollusks - Sea worms - Echinoderms
- The animal is a protogynous transsexual
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!