- Blue green damselfish
- Grüner Schwalbenschwanz
- Castagnole bleu-vert
- Castañuela verde azulada
- Damigella verde
- The tropical Pacific
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed in seagrass among algae or phanerogams.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 1 and 15 Meters.
- Very common species.
General behaviour of the species
- The species is territorial
- Lives in large groups
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 8 cm
- Maximum age known : 15 year(s)
- The animal feeds on plankton or small organisms.
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!