- Manta ray
- Raie manta
- Manta raya
- The tropical Atlantic
- The tropical Pacific
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally found in the open sea.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 0 and 120 Meters.
- Rare species.
General behaviour of the species
- The species is migrating
- Species generally living in a group
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 800 cm
- Maximum age known : 20 year(s)
- The animal feeds on plankton or small organisms.
Relationship with humans
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- - Chemistry/pharmacy
- Used in the clothing, footwear or crafts industries for the manufacture of articles (jewellery, etc.)
- The species is classified asVulnerable
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!