- Longhorn cowfish
- Poisson vache
- The tropical Pacific
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 18 and 100 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 45 cm
- Maximum age known : 20 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- The animal can show variable colouring
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
- Used in the clothing, footwear or crafts industries for the manufacture of articles (jewellery, etc.)