Elacatinus (Gobiosoma) genie
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally motionless in its environment
- The species can be found between 3 and 20 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- Lives in partnership with other fish species
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 5 cm
- The animal feeds mainly on refuse.
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :