Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 0 and 35 Meters.
- Common species.
- Endemic species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 45 cm
- The animal feeds mainly on small invertebrates that it gleans on the seafloor.
- The animal can show variable colouring
- The animal is a protogynous transsexual
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :