- White margate
- Weisser-Grunzer; Silber-Grunzer; Dreibindengrunzer
- Witte grommer
- Gorette margate
- Ronco blanco
- The tropical Atlantic
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed in a sandy/silty area.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 2 and 60 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally living in a group
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 80 cm
- The animal feeds mainly on small invertebrates that it gleans on the seafloor.
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!