- Mutton snapper
- Vivaneau sorbe; Lutjan mouton; Pagre vivaneau
- Pargo criollo; Pargo sanjuanero
- The tropical Atlantic
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 0 and 30 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally living in a group
- The animal shows curiosity towards the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 90 cm
- Maximum age known : 29 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter high in the food chain.
- Diet : Fishes - -
- The animal can show variable colouring
Relationship with humans
- The species is in great demand and highly appreciated
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
- The species is classified asVulnerable
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!