- Barred hamlet
- Gestreifter Hamletbarsch
- Hamlet barré
- Vaca manchada
- The tropical Atlantic
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species is generally found on or close to the seafloor.
- The species can be found between 3 and 20 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- The species is territorial
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 15 cm
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Fishes -
- The animal is a simultaneous hermaphrodite
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!