Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species can be found between 0 and 190 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- The species is migrating
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 320 cm
- Maximum age known : 10 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter high in the food chain.
Relationship with humans
- The animal may inflict serious bites
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
- The species is classified asVulnerable