- Sharpnose puffer
- Spitznasen Kugelfisch
- Spitssnuit kogelvis;Caribische kamkogelvis
- Canthigaster des Caraïbes
- Tamboril narízon
- The tropical Atlantic
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species is generally found on or close to the seafloor.
- The species can be found between 0 and 40 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 12 cm
- The animal feeds mainly on small invertebrates that it gleans on the seafloor.
- The animal can show variable colouring
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!