- Scrawled filefish
- Letter vijlvis;Schrift vijlvis
- Bourse écriture;Poisson-lime gribouillé
- Lija trompa
- Pesce lima scrittura
- The tropical Atlantic
- The tropical Pacific
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 1 and 100 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 110 cm
- The animal is a grazer of algae.
- Diet : Omnivorous
- The animal changes colour like a chameleon
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!