Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally motionless in its environment
- The species is generally found at the bottom of a hole
- The species can be found between 0 and 200 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- The species is territorial
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 120 cm
- The animal is a hunter high in the food chain.
- Diet : Fishes
Relationship with humans
- The animal may inflict serious bites
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :