Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 2 and 30 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- The species is territorial
- Species generally living in a couple
- The animal shows curiosity towards the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 60 cm
- The animal feeds mainly on small invertebrates that it gleans on the seafloor.
- Diet : Sponges - Algae - Tunicates
- The animal can show variable colouring
- The animal is a protogynous transsexual
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :