- Foureye butterflyfish
- Vieraugen Schmetterlingsfish
- Vieroog koraalvlinder
- Poisson-papillon à quatres yeux
- Mariposa ocelada
- Pesce farfalla quattrocchi
- The tropical Atlantic
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 2 and 20 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally living in a couple
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 15 cm
- The animal feeds mainly on small invertebrates that it gleans on the seafloor.
- Diet : Sea worms - Coral - Tunicates
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!