- Grey snapper
- Grauer Schnapper
- Grijze snapper
- Vivaneau gris
- Pargo prieto;Pargo gris
- The tropical Atlantic
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 5 and 180 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally living in a group
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 70 cm
- Maximum age known : 21 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Fishes - -
- The animal can show variable colouring
Relationship with humans
- The species is in great demand and highly appreciated
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!