Scorpion fishes and others
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally motionless in its environment
- The species is generally found on or close to the seafloor.
- The species can be found between 10 and 275 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- The species is territorial
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is threatening but not necessarily aggressive
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 61 cm
- Maximum age known : 116 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Crabs - Shrimps - Fishes
Relationship with humans
- The spines of the animal can be dangerous
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing