Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed in a sandy/silty area.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 0 and 1200 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is threatening but not necessarily aggressive
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 160 cm
- Maximum age known : 80 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter high in the food chain.
- Diet : Fishes
Relationship with humans
- The animal may bite
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
- Used in the clothing, footwear or crafts industries for the manufacture of articles (jewellery, etc.)
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!