- Azores chromis
- Castagnole à queue rayée
- Fula blanca
- The tropical Atlantic
- The temperate Atlantic
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 5 and 140 Meters.
- Very common species.
Environment and movement of the nocturnal species
- The species is generally observed in seagrass among algae or phanerogams.
- The species is generally motionless in its environment
- The species is generally found on or close to the seafloor.
General behaviour of the species
- Lives in large groups
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 12 cm
- The animal feeds on plankton or small organisms.
- Diet : - Plankton
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!