- Canary drum
- Ombrine bronze
- Maria Francisca
- Ombrina atlantica
- The tropical Atlantic
- The temperate Atlantic
- The Indian Ocean
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed in a sandy/silty area.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species is generally found on or close to the seafloor.
- The species can be found between 10 and 300 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally living in a group
- The animal shows curiosity towards the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 80 cm
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Sea worms - Shrimps -
Relationship with humans
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!