- Alfred manta
- Raie manta de récif
- Mantarraya de arrecife
- Diavolo di mare
- The temperate Atlantic
- The tropical Pacific
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally found in the open sea.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 1 and 120 Meters.
- Rare species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally living in a group
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 500 cm
- Maximum age known : 31 year(s)
- The animal feeds on plankton or small organisms.
- Diet : Fishes - - Plankton
Relationship with humans
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- The species is classified asVulnerable
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!